Happy Heart Day!



It's Valentines Day and Cupid is smiling down on us here in the DC area!
It's 60 degrees and sunny, and you better believe I'm going for a walk just as soon as I spread a little love!
This year, for our 3rd grade community service project, we teamed with a Naval hospital in our area to provide holiday decorations (and other things) to the wounded soldiers there. 
My students were in charge of making Valentines for them, and I'm so proud of the effort they put into it.
When my teammate delivered the goodies, (also in tow- bags of doggy treats for the soldiers' pets!) she told us that the nurses were so very appreciative.
This made my students feel awesome.





Today was full of valentines, cupcakes, hugs, and hearts, and my students left my classroom stuffed and happy.
They also walked around with their heads held high.
I mean- they made a contribution to our soldiers and received 15 pounds of chocolate from their friends!
What's not to love?







I'm off to pretend it's springtime for a few short hours!
Have a wonderful end to your Heart Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails